Behavioral Health Resources
Who can I call if I am in need of help or anyone I know is in need of help?
Where can I find a care provider?
How can I get involved in reducing stigma and supporting others?
- NAMI Howard County or call to (410) 772-9300
Where can I find other Howard County resources?
- Howard County Health Department or call to (410) 313-6300
- Howard County General Hospital Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Howard County Public School System or call to (410) 313-6773
- HC DrugFree Prevention Resources or call to (443) 325-0040
- Hopeworks Howard County or call to (410) 997-2272
- Access to Care and Chronic Disease Self-Management Resources
How can I dispose of old medication?
- Contact HC DrugFree for questions about prescription and over-the-counter medication and sharps (needles, syringes and EpiPens) disposal and safe storage.
Howard County has Four Permanent Medication Disposal Boxes FOR PILLS ONLY locations:
- Northern Police District Station, 3410 Courthouse Drive, Ellicott City, 21043
- Southern District Station, 11226 Scaggsville Road, Laurel, 20723
- Gary Arthur Community Center, 2400 Route 97, Cooksville, 21723
- Community Outreach Building, 10741 Little Patuxent Parkway, Columbia, 21044
HC DrugFree has a free and convenient drive-thru medication and sharps collection held twice a year. Visit www.hcdrugfree.org for the next collection date and other disposal and storage information. Please do NOT put sharps or liquids in the police collection boxes. Thank you for keeping us all safe.
Please click the links below to access previous webinar slides:
- Mental Health Association of Maryland
- Howard County Health Department
- Howard County Public School System
For publications and resources from the Mental Health Association of Maryland:
For publications and resources from the Children's Mental Health Matter's Campaign visit:
For any questions about resources or programs at the Mental Health Association of Maryland, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org