Where can I get involved in programs for Aging Wellness Programs in Howard County?
Interested in programs to support your health and wellness? The 50+ Centers offer a wide variety of programming each day. Stay involved and have your local 50+ Center newsletter conveniently delivered to your inbox! Click to subscribe and get information on activities at 50+ Centers, Office on Aging and Independence (OAI) programs, and health and wellness offerings.
Check out the *new* OAI digital newsletter!
Where can I find Caregiver resources in Howard County?
- Maryland Access Point (MAP)
- Howard County Department of Community Resources and Services
- Howard County Office on Aging and Independence
- Howard County Resource Guide and Caregiver Guide
- Howard County Parents Guide to Howard County
- Fire and Fall Prevention- Howard County Department of Fire and Rescue Services
- Chronic Disease Self-Management Resources
- Mental Health Resources
What can I do now to support a healthy future?
- Age-Friendly Howard County
- Talk with Me Howard County
- Prepare to Care: A Caregiving Planning Guide for Families by AARP
- Speak(easy) Howard
- Howard County Office of Veterans and Military Families
- National Council on Aging (NCOA)
- Making Change
- Preparedness Pals Brochure
- HCLHIC Medical Information Card
- Maryland's Senior Call Check Program
How can I prevent falls and care for my health as I age?
- HCLHIC Fall Prevention Resource Guide
- Falls Prevention Conversation Guide for Caregivers- National Council on Aging
- Maryland Falls Free Coalition
- 10 Ways to Love Your Brain - Alzheimer's Association
- Health & Wellness Programs for Older Adults - Howard County Government
Where can I learn more about Healthy Aging?
- Planning for the Growth of the Older Adult Population in Howard County: Creating an Age Friendly Community
- Howard County Local Health Improvement Coalition Healthy Aging White Paper Fall 2016
- Baltimore Longitudinal Study on Aging
- Administration for Community Living (ACL)