Opioid Overdose Prevention and Naloxone Education
Opioid overdose is a critical public health concern affecting individuals and families across the state of Maryland. Join Alive! Maryland, led by HealthHIV, on Thursday, November 9, 2023 at 1:00pm Eastern for a webinar designed for providers and community members alike. The faculty will review the signs of an opioid overdose and describe how administration of Naloxone can reverse an overdose. Participants will gain essential knowledge and skills to intervene effectively in opioid overdose situations and potentially save lives.
Recall the names of common opioids.
- Discuss the epidemiology of opioid overdose in Maryland.
- Recognize signs of an opioid overdose.
- Identify the steps to administer naloxone to reverse an overdose.
- Describe the laws surrounding administration of naloxone and other protections provided when seeking emergency medical help.
- Identify community organizations promoting opioid overdose education and naloxone.
Please note that continuing education credits are not available for this webinar.